Senior Fund Controller
Infranode continues to grow and the Senior Fund controller role is central to the whole organisation. You will work closely with the CFO and the Management Team as well as with the Investment and Asset Management Teams. You will also work together with the finance and accounting team of Areim and you will be supported by external providers and internal administrative functions which are shared with Areim.
As Infranodes Senior Fund Controller you will have responsibility for financial matters of the fund and its related entities. Key responsibilities include oversight and preparation of external reporting such as financial and regulatory reporting as well as internal reporting, including risk reports to the board of directors, and analysis of financial performance to management. The fund reports to its investors in accordance with IFRS, IPEV Guidelines and the Alternative Investments Fund Managers Act (AIFMD). The Senior Fund Controller will be first point of contact with auditors, external accountants, administrators and depositary and will report directly to Infranode CFO.
The overall objective of the role is to:
- Provide material for decision making of the management, asset management, investment committee, and investors
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulation (i.e. AIFMD, IFRS, Swedish Companies Act, local Tax regulation, investment agreements and side letters, internal policies and procedures)
- Improve efficiency and transparency of the finance department
- Annual Financial Statement of the Fund and of its Holding Companies
- Quarterly and annual NAV reporting of the Fund to its investors
- Quarterly regulatory and risk reporting
- Review of annual tax return for the Fund and its related entities
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysis of performance
- Co-ordination of regulatory and administrative tasks with the Fund’s external providers
- Responsible for the finance functions processes and systems in conjunction with Areim
- Ownership of administrative processes of the Fund’s bidcos, supported by external providers
- Annual planning for internal and external audits
- Finance and Accounting expertise
- Statutory reporting in accordance with IFRS and Swedish Gaap
- Corporation tax and VAT expertise
- Regulatory reporting in accordance with AIFMD
- Management Reporting including financial analysis and reporting of KPIs
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Internal control for financial reporting
- Minimum of 6 years of experience from similar roles ideally from investment companies or funds
- Experience of book keeping, tax, VAT of Funds or similar structures
- Experience of project management and change management
- Hands-on experience of implementing procedures to improve efficiencies
- Personal attributes and approach
- Structured approach with great attention to details
- Pro-active and solution-based approach
- Ownership of the task and role
- Grit and determination
- Good communication skills and likeable approach
There are large infrastructure investment needs in the Nordics driven by demographic fundamentals and public sector funding deficit.
Infranode is a leading Nordic focused infrastructure investment manager, enabling responsible and credible capital to be invested in infrastructure through a long-term model that creates value for society, citizens and our investors.
The fund has SEK 4.5bn in committed capital from reputable and responsible Nordic institutional investors. It focuses on sustainable investments in the transportation, energy, digital and social infrastructure sectors in the less crowded small to mid-cap market.
Infranode is an affiliate of Areim, a leading Nordic real estate principal investor with approximately SEK 13 billion AuM. Infranode and Areim are combining infrastructure and real estate, offering together a strong Nordic real assets manager to help institutional investors access the rapidly growing asset class.
For more infromation please contact Nahrin Anbratt at:
+46 704 98 02 74